Here are the details from the purchase/download page:
This is a sophisticated script which creates a clickable index when exported to ePub. The trial version is free to download and is fully function for a single document with index.
- Works equally well with either an index generated by the InDesign index tool or a third party tool.
- Works with a single document containing multiple stories and an index or with an InDesign Book file containing multiple documents. Book Function not available in trial version.
- Transparent for export to PDF. Export to PDF or to Epub or to both.
- The index must contain a title with a unique paragraph style assigned to it. The index must be a single story. The document containing the index must be open and active when starting the script.
- Page numbers in the index must have a unique character style assigned to them.
- Must start the script with the document containing the index open and the current document.
The script costs $50, which seems a bit steep (unless you have had to add all the links to an index manually), but if the script saves you an hour preparing an EPUB index, it probably pays for itself. You can download a free trial version if you want to try it, though the trial will only work with a single document, not with an InDesign Book file containing multiple documents.
I have not tested the script yet, but plan to in the near future and will report results.
What do you think of this script? Have you downloaded it and tried it? Will you use it again?